Many guitarsts struggle with staying locked-in with fellow musicians or recordings. Do you ever find yourself
- Drifting off the beat?
- Losing track of where you are in a chord progression?
- Not hearing when you’re supposed to make a chord change?
If so, don’t worry–you’re probably not as rhythmically hopeless as you feel.
I’ve taught many, many adult beginners who didn’t play music or dance much when they were kids, and so never learned the deceptively difficult skills of counting and feeling beats.
In this video, I’ll teach you how to train yourself to keep track of the structure of the song you’re playing by counting beats and feeling them with your body.
Training yourself to do this is so, so worth it. Go for it! And remember, there’s nothing wrong with you!
If you enjoyed this lesson, there’s tons more where this came from in the Members Section. Join the Heartwood Guitar family today! Members get access to…
- Strum & Sing in 60 Days – My innovative course
- Premium Song Lessons – In-depth tutorials for classic popular songs
- Strum Pattern Videos – Pop-up videos that enhance the free 750 chord charts on my site
- Guided Practice Videos – Learn good practice habits. Like having a private lesson with me.
- Access to the Members-only Forum